PUTTING ON MY WALKING BOOTS


Dear Diet,


That is it! I am done, finished, and totally exhausted! I have been fighting a losing battle for far too long, and now my mind is made up. I am leaving you, and I’m never coming back. 

You convinced me that I was weak, that I was ugly, and that I could never measure up. You made me believe that I wasn’t trying hard enough, and that I was pathetic. The disappointment has been paralyzing, but from now on, there will be no more division, no more deception, no more restriction, and no more heartache. I will not be made to feel like I am not good enough, not strong enough, or like I didn’t try hard enough. I am tired of waking up every morning expecting good results and then being let down by my efforts. I am tired of the games and the illusions. Your promises were empty, yet full of lies. You are the deceiver. 

I am beautiful, I am strong, and I am good enough. I will succeed without you, and I will do it without shame, without guilt, without regret, and with my head held high. I will not deprive myself and become anxious about what passes my mouth. I am not going to bang my head against the wall every Monday morning, and then dive into a pit of gluttony and guilt every weekend. 

From now on I will embrace the fruits, vegetables, grains, and fats that God intended me to eat, and I will do it in moderation. I will get exercise every day and drink enough water to cleanse my body. I will smile at my reflection, and I will embrace the memories from times past that my body so powerfully carries. How can I love my children, yet not love the scars that made them? How can I love all the days of my life, yet not love the lines that prove time has even passed? 

This world has dictated what it thinks beauty is and what it looks like, for far too long, and I am shutting it down. GOD DICTATES MY BEAUTY AND MY WORTH, not the magazines, and not the media, and not you. I trust that my husband knows what beauty is, and I trust that he sees all of that in me. 



There are nutrients in fruits and vegetables and there is protein in meat and dairy. There is fiber in healthy grains that help my digestive systems function properly, and I will not deprive my body any longer of all the fuel it needs to function optimally. Food is more than nutrition, it's part of my relationships, it's part of my culture, it's part of my emotional health, it's good for my soul, and it's an expression of who I am.
  


I know this won’t be easy because you have programed me for so long, but you’re not the first unhealthy relationship I have been in… So, so long Paleo, Keto, Low-carb, Vegetarian, and Gluten free. You no longer have control over my life, my emotions, or my choices. Go find yourself someone else to prey on. We had a thing once, but now it’s over.

Comments

Popular Posts